segunda-feira, julho 25, 2005

bobby e jose

Entrevista de Bobby Robson onde o antigo treinador do Barcelona fala sobre Mourinho:
"He introduced himself at the airport. 'Hello Mister. My name is Jose Mourinho and the president has hired me as your interpreter. I hope I can do a good job for you, Mister.' He always called me Mister. That was Jose. Very nice, very respectful, very handsome. But, if I said something hard and direct, he never tried to soften it in translation. Jose was strong but he developed a nice, positive rapport with everyone. The players loved him.

"One of my stipulations in moving to Barcelona was that Jose should accompany me [as he had to Porto]. You should have seen him with Ronaldo, whom I'd just signed for £20m. Ronaldo, for the short time we had him at Barcelona, was phenomenal. There were no girls for Ronaldo then. No disco, no fashion, no earrings, no flash cars. He had the need to be a great player - and so he listened to Jose. It didn't matter that Jose had done nothing as a player. With a young genius like Ronaldo, he was perfect. Jose knew how to speak to him."

Despite Mourinho's singular ability, and his subsequent European triumphs with Porto, Robson says, astonishingly, that "I really feared for Jose when he came to Chelsea. The Premiership is a mighty challenge and I thought he would need a buffer, perhaps a mentor, to guide him through the transition. I expected him to battle at first."
in The Guardian

Sem comentários: